Monday, December 30, 2013

lovely layers with lola

Have you noticed all the wonderful posts that are appearing in the blogosphere?I'll hopefully be getting on to writing similar posts soon, but in the meantime here is a big hint about one (or two!) of the patterns that will most likely make it into my Top 5.



Oh, how I am loving the !My last pair was in rayon, and so is this pair.(And so is the next, which is already cut out.Although I'd rather like a pair in silk crepe de chine as well).As with most StyleARC pants patterns, I have shortened these both above and below the knee, which takes them up around three inches in total.




I made these exactly the same as my last pair. Size 12, elastic in the hem in the back. I did shorten the length of waist elastic in this make, and they feel even more comfortable on. I included the side pockets, but didn't add a zippered closure.



I cannot get over how comfortable these are to wear. That rayon is so soft against the skin! I bought it at , and think that the fabric for the top came from there too (it was in deep stash).



The top is the , shortened to hip length. The fabric is a little sheer and is a soft mesh knit. I left the bottom and the sleeves unhemmed, and tried a fancy raw edge/rolled edge neck finish, with varying degrees of success. I think that I need to actually watch my Craftsy Classes on Sewing Fashion Knits and The Ultimate T-shirt and see what other tips I can pick up.Besides the importance of ironing/pressing garments before they are photographed!



And I think that is almost it for what I have made in 2013! There are some unblogged items - notably two pairs of that I made for my Mum, one in printed rayon and the other in shot linen - but most things have eventually made it onto the blog. Now I need to put on my thinking hat and work out my Top 5 s. Before it is 2014!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment