Sunday, December 29, 2013

Butterick 5967- Connie Crawford purrs for me!

Yup, I'm a few days early, but that's the prerogative of a hostess right? Of course. Lets talk about my new top:



This vaguelly suicidal model shot did not inspire me. The tech drawing did. It has more shape to it than the model gives it and I think they used my fav technique of hiding figure issues with a gaudy print. What it Butterick- I'm having that copyrit!




I was hoping for a frisky little workblouse and I got a bit of a cropped muumuu. I tapered the sides in greatly and even considered a back pleat, but I decided to just go for 'figure skimming'. I'm pleased, I think it's a cute little make and I enjoyed the sew.



This pattern has buttons for show. Seriously, the little devil goes over my head without opening it, so I had one of my debates with the voices in my head. The 1stvoice said, be mature, make lovely button holes for the skill factor. By the by- it was windy at the museum!?



the 2nd voice said 'yay! I get to eat fabric!' and sounded alot like Lily my sewing machine. The 3rd voice sounded alot like Edgar Bergen and was just reminding me to buy more postum.



I ignored all three, I think and just sewed the darn thing closed. If the buttonholes aren't for function, why bother?



Ok, so what is all this leading to? JUNGLE JANUARY 2- RETURN OF THE GRRRRRRRRR!



Yes, this week we gather our pith helmets, set them at a jaunty angle and return to the sartorial jungle!



Remember last year? No? Well where the hell were you? Don't miss it! here! Go reminisce and plot.



****Also, little Anne needs some help. The Blog Button Gods are not happy with me. Any tech help on making the above into our shiny new buttons would be appreciated!



photo credits: meadhawg, pattern review, google images, little me. All images remain the property of their original owners.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment