Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Completely Random and Rambling Post

So, I just felt like blogging right now, but I have absolutely no idea where this post is headed, or why I am even writing it. I was just overcome by this inexplicable desire to write a post, so I am listening to my instincts, for better or for worse. Let's see I suppose I just have a bunch of random thoughts to share with you all, so I'll just organize them in a list format to make it a bit more cohesive.



1. I went to Whole Foods today to spend part of my gift card (the one that my dog chewed on because I was careless enough to leave it sitting on the table overnight). I had only been there maybe two or three times since we moved here in the summer of 2011, which is a bit sad My dad goes there occasionally, but I usually don't go with him, so it was a sort of adventure for me. Yeah, you can tell I have a wild social life when going to Whole Foods counts as an "adventure" for me. Anyway, I spent quite a bit of time wandering around the store and pretending as though I knew exactly what I needed and where the different products were located. Oh, and since it was rather crowded, I also had to make sure I didn't crash into anyone while staring absently at the delicious and oh-so-expensive products lining the walls. I eventually managed to pick out these goodies: Some Earth Balance White Cheddar Puffs, Chipotle flavored Veganaise, Artisana Cacao Bliss (so delicious!), coconut oil, sunflower seed butter, and some brown rice flour. I apologize for the dog snout in the picture; Maya was very interested in what I had bought, apparently. She was probably just hungry, considering the fact that she stole two sausages off the counter later on in the day




2. I finished the first season (the 2005 one) of Doctor Who today, and it's safe to say that I am officially hooked on the series. I love the quirky and odd adventures, the subtle sense of humor, the witty conversations, and just about everything else. I am trying to watch as many episodes as possible before I start my college classes again, but don't worry-I am trying not to watch more than three per day. After all, I don't want to spend too much time glued to the TV screen, even for a series as captivating, thought-provoking, and entertaining as Doctor Who. Having a Tardis would come in handy sometimes, let me tell you



(image source: )



3. Speaking of having free time on my hands, I also finished Stephen King's book The Green Mile in approximately three days. It was an incredibly well-written and engaging book, and actually brought me to tears by the end of it. This is exceptionally rare for me, since books hardly ever bring me to tears. Or movies, for that matter. Anyway, I HIGHLY recommend reading it if you haven't already! I won't give away too much of the plot, but it essentially revolves around a group of prison guards in the 1930s, and a certain prisoner named John Coffey who is accused of having raped and murdered two young girls.



4. I went to go see the second Hobbit movie with my friend last night, and it was a fairly good film, though I think some scenes were a bit rushed, and it annoyed me how there was this random quasi-romance between the elf Tauriel and the dwarf Kili. Now, I haven't read the book in several years, but I am fairly sure that this particular side plot was not in the original book! Why must filmmakers often assume that there needs to be extra romance thrown into a film for it to attract an audience?? Also, I simply couldn't help smiling or snickering whenever Legolas the elf said something supposedly profound and deep-for some reason, I just can't take him seriously. I don't know what my problem is Sure, he has some great archery skills, but his character in the movie (perhaps not in the book) strikes me as somewhat egotistical. No offense, Orlando Bloom-don't take it personally. All-in-all, though, it was definitely an entertaining film, even if it didn't have the depth or character development of the book.



5. The other night I dreamed that a huge tree fell on our house-any idea what this might symbolize? I certainly hope it's not some ominous prediction of what will happen in the future As I've mentioned before, I have been trying to record my dreams every so often, and I have definitely had some strange ones: going through a maze and encountering some ogres, taking a yoga class at the library, a chemical warning being issued in our neighborhood, trying to escape from a monstrous bird in a snowy parking lot, discussing a fan that made animal noises, and many others. Oh, and I've had some very disturbing/inappropriate dreams that I will probably take with me to my grave, simply because I cannot imagine sharing them with anyone. My subconscious must have some nasty thoughts every once in a while, or something like that. I bet Sigmund Freud would have a blast analyzing my dreams.



6. So far, my New Year's Eve plans consist of babysitting for a few hours in the evening-and that's about it. Crazy exciting, right?? I actually enjoy babysitting, though, so it should be fun. Maybe someday I'll actually go to a New Year's Eve party, but for this year, I am perfectly content to be playing superheroes, watching The Octonauts on TV, and/or reading Curious George books. Does anyone else really enjoy reading books to younger kids? I tend to get very involved and enthusiastic when reading books out loud, using different voices depending on the character and changing the inflection and tone of my voice. It is seriously so much fun:)



Well, I think my well of inspiration has dried up now, so I'll stop now before I start droning on about random things such as how I've been frequently wearing a sweatshirt with bleach stains because it is so comfortable, and I am not going to throw it away simply because it has a weird pinkish/brownish splotch on the front. Or about how I brought home two plastic water bottles from my Nutcracker tour over the weekend because I couldn't bear to throw them away, not when I could recycle them at my house. Ah, and Aerosmith's song "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" has just started playing on my Pandora station, so I really must go now and enjoy listening to it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment