Friday, November 29, 2013

Hello Black Friday! 10 Holiday gift ideas

In honor of Black Friday - I thought I'd round up some HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS. Although I'm avoiding "real" Black Friday shopping (at least for now while I write this post, watch Mrs. Doubtfire, and eat candy corn in bed) - today is a good day to find a deal. And the beauty of modern day Black Friday is that you don't have to leave your house to get a deal. Especially with so many retailers offering free shipping! To sniff out online deals, I always suggest checking out RETAILMENOT.COM prior to making any online purchase - 9 out of 10 times I find a deal through this site.



Below is a list of 10 GIFT IDEAS - for spouse, parent, friend, lover, you name it. Price points vary and I tried to put the full price below but I bet you can find a discount, especially this time of year! HOPEFULLY, YOU CATCH SOME GIFT-SPIRATION BELOW!




* SILK PILLOWCASE(S) ($150.00 for a set of 2 @ ). A full set of high quality silk sheets would be expensive - so why not give someone the gift of silk to lay their head on? Not only does silk feel divine to sleep on (ahhh, who doesn't love a nice cool pillow?) it also has functional benefits including being easier on your skin than regular fabrics, which can mean reduced facial lines. And, it is easier on your hair. I recommend Lovasilk for high quality (25mm) silk pillow cases. And to read more on the benefits of silk - . Perfect gift for the guy or gal who likes to be pampered.



Midge (momentarily) enjoying a snooze on the silk pillowcase



* CLARISONIC MIA - ($125.00 @ /but check Amazon too). Oh the Clarisonic (the "electric toothbrush for your face") - this baby sits on my bathroom counter calling to me each night. This handy beauty tool is a staple in many spas as well. The Clarisonic has been around for some time now - and comes in a smaller travel size, which I love. The Mia is perfect for everyday. You replace the brush every 2-3 months. I go with the "delicate" brush. The Clarisonic does an amazing job cleaning your skin - removing make up and dead skin cells without irritating. It is a handy tool and you can use your normal face cleanser with it. It is also great to travel with and has a long battery life once charged up. Great for someone who likes to spice up their beauty routine OR visit the spa



The handy dandy Clarisonic Mia



* ELECTRIC WINE OPENER ) - we registered for this for our wedding. I never really knew how handy this baby is until I opened my first bottle of wine with it. It comes with a foil cutter which is super fast and easy. The actual wine opener part is FUN to use. It takes the cork out of the bottle in less than 30 seconds and sips the cork out. It makes getting into a bottle of wine easy$59.99 @ ) don't get me wrong, I love candles. This is a great gift for a candle lover. And the added bonus is it uses essential oils to fragrance the air. You can find great, all natural essential oils at Whole Foods - think eucalyptus, lavender, etc. A couple drops of an essentail oil and some water in this diffuser and the air will be smelling soothing and clean



Sharper Image Aromatherapy Diffuser



*SATIN PAJAMAS ($59.99 @ ) - I LOVE these Silk PJs by VS. They are silky soft and although they cover you up, they are still cute. I wear them winter and summer because they are loose fitting enough for warm weather (no need for sheets!) but also warm up nicely against my skin under the covers in the winter. VS has a lot of different colors and patterns. These might look familiar because The Kardashain's often sport them on the show! Great for the gal who loves to lounge



Ahh I love this pic. These are my bridesmaids in their VS satin PJs. Love it!



* FRENCH PRESS (Bonjour Maximus 8-cup French press, $49.95 @ ) - I always thought this thing would be too complicated to brew coffee in until we bought one at William Sonoma. A couple scoops of your favorite ground coffee, pour boiling water over, let sit, then drop in the lid/press and BAM delicious coffee. You can control the brew strength. Great gift for the coffee lover. Pair with some nice ground coffee such as (they'll gorund the beans in store for you!)



my first experience with a french press was on our honeymoon. Pairs well with a chocolate croissant



* TRAVEL TEA MUG/INFUSER (Bodum Stainless Steal Travel Press/Mug, $34.50 @ ) - I'm big into tea lately, the loose leaf kind. I feel like I'm conducting a mini science experiement when I pick out my tea, measure it into my mug, and let it seep to perfection. I try to replace my afternoon coffee with tea to avoid additional caffeine. Also, there are so many yummy tea flavors from fruity to floral it's a great treat with no calories. This mug travels well and keeps tea hot. Great for the commuter/tea lover!



Bodum travel tea mug @ DavidsTea



* FAUX FUR THROW BLANKET (Donna Salyer's Fabulous Furs, starts @ $329.00 - join the email list to get 20% off your first purchase!) - we were given this throw a couple winter's ago, now, it is a couch staple. It is super soft and luxiorous. Perfect for cuddling under or falling aasleep with. It is such a nice, heavy, super soft blanket - a perfect couch accessory.



the cream of the throw blanket crop



* NUTRIBULLET BY MAGIC BULLET ($99.99 @ ) I first tried the bullet a couple years ago after getting sick of my full size blender which was a pain to clean. I love this small serving blender. I love that it makes the perfect smoothies and I can take the cup on the road. I throw my protein smoothie ingrendients in this and within 30 seconds, boom, its done and I'm out the door. Clean up is easy! Beyond smoothies, you can make dips, shakes, salsa etc. it's a great appliance to have around and the size means it takes up minimal counter/cabinet space. Great for the gym-goer, or someone with a smaller kitchen who loves gadgets but might not have the space



Nutribullet by Magic Bullet



* TRX HOME SUSPENSION TRAINING KIT ($199.95 ) - TRX is a phenomal work out. Now, you can bring it into your house. When it gets cold and harder to get ot the gym - this baby will help give you a great work out without leaving the house. And there are so many YouTube videos showing you how to do different TRX work outs. You can get a true full body work out with this. And it takes up minimal space! Great for stretching as well. Great gift for the work out enthusiast or even someone who travels and wants to have a work out "in a bag" that they can do in their room



Binny and I TRXin' with more than enough space to spare!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment