Thursday, November 28, 2013

Is that you, Donatella? Lady Gaga recreates the fashion icon's look as the new ...

PUBLISHED: 17:34 EST, 23 November 2013 | UPDATED: 19:26 EST, 23 November 2013



Lady Gaga is notorious for creating the most unique and outlandish styles in show business, but her latest look is very familiar.




For the new Spring campaign as the face of Versace that was unveiled on Saturday, the 27-year-old singer mirrors the classic style of the fashion house's Vice President, Donatella Versace.



Draped on a satin sofa in a lilac wrap dress and her long blonde hair flowing down her body, the Bad Romance star looks remarkably like the Italian fashion designer.



In the stunning photograph that was taken by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot, only Gaga's armful of tattoos distinguishes her from her doppelganger.



The skintight dress - no doubt baring the Versace label - binds around her torso in an intricate way, with a large silver ornament resting in her cleavage that is attached to a heavy chain around her neck.



The Poker Face star stares sultrily at the camera, as she rests a heavily bejeweled hand on her hip.



'I am honoured that my friend Lady Gaga is the face of our new Versace campaign,' Donatella told the Keen Gaga fans will have noticed that the ARTPOP creator wore custom costumes created by the Italian fashion house for her appearance on Saturday Night Live last week, hinting that she was involved in a collaboration with them. Independent before her recent fashion show. 'I wanted to capture her true beauty and spirit in images that are elegant and alluring. She is like family to me, the embodiment of the Versace DNA.'



'Thank u to @versace for the beautiful custom costumes they designed for all my performances on the show! #SNLVersaceGaga am I dreaming?' tweeted the New York native, who transformed into a showgirl in a stunning gold and sequin-embellished, fringed corset for one of her performances.



'She is like family to me, the embodiment of the Versace DNA,' gushed 58-year-old Donatella, who owns 20 per cent of the stock assets of the company since her brother, Gianni Versace, was killed.



As for Gaga, she returned the love by dedicating a track to her mentor: 'What do you wanna wear this spring? / What do you think is the new thing?' she ask in the song from her new ARTPOP album.



'Donatella is an incredible crazy fun pop song with really raising electronic beats that I did with Zedd,' she told Just Jared in August. 'It's about being a fearless female and not caring what people say about you - being proud of who you are and walking the walk no matter what.



'Maybe she's a bitch, maybe she's too skinny, maybe she's too rich, maybe she's too out there. Or, maybe she's brilliant, maybe she's intelligent, maybe she's strong, maybe she's everything, maybe she's Donatella.'



Lady Gaga had equally as interesting words to describe her current boyfriend, Chicago Fire actor Taylor Kinney, when she went on the Ellen DeGeneres Show on Friday, calling the 32-year-old a 'hidden weirdo.'



'He is extremely strange, actually. We complement each other's weirdness,' she told the talk show host, according to People.com.



'That's actually one of the first things he ever said to me. It's a Dr. Seuss quote. You find in someone else a compatible weirdness.'



Recounting how they first met when he appeared in her 'You and I' video in 2011, Gaga said she 'looked ridiculously crazy' during the shoot.



'I've got these pins sticking out of my head and I'm wearing cork and I've got no hair and I'm bald,' she recalled. 'I mean, why he found me attractive just completely behooves me.



'We were in the middle of this scene and I remember that he kissed me and it wasn't scripted for him to kiss me.



'I was sort of like, 'Uh, you know, was that real or was that fake?' And he just didn't really say anything, and that was fine by me and we just kept filming,' she revealed.



'At the end of the day, he's my best friend and having your lover be your best friend - I mean, it's the best thing ever,' the lovesick singer concluded.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment