Sunday, November 3, 2013

Anime of the Week (10/20

ANIME OF THE WEEK - ARPEGGIO OF BLUE STEEL: ARS NOVA



As the artificial intelligence of our machines continues to get smarter and we humans interact with computers more and more in our daily lives, we will increasingly place human attributes on them simply as a by product of our own nature. So it's interesting to see the reverse happening--AI intentionally seeking out humans in order to become more like us.




OCTOBER 20

Little Busters: Refrain Ep. 1 Something that had always bothered me about season one was the conspicuous absence of a Kurugaya story arc.



OCTOBER 21

Little Busters: Refrain Ep. 2 Now this is an interesting twist. I wonder what it's going to take for Riki to put an end to this endless eight.



White Album 2 Ep. 2 I was going to muse philosophically about how persistence pays off, but instead I'll just say Haruki is a lucky idiot.



Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Ep. 2 This series is showing an excellent flair for military tactics. But the final scene worried me this might turn into a harem.



Unbreakable Machine Doll Ep. 2 Humans have an incredible capacity to attach personalities and emotions to inanimate objects so we can relate to them.



Kill la Kill Ep. 2 I'm not the biggest fan of fighting tournament anime or older aesthetic styles, but this series is a nice blend of both.



OCTOBER 22

Kill la Kill Ep. 3 It would seem this anime won't be able to measure up. At this rate of fanservice development, it may fall below Freezing.



Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ep. 2 I'm all for chasing your dreams, but there also comes a time when you have to be practical and think about your livelihood.



Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Ep. 3 I like Gunzou's matter-of-fact take on life. He could be a model for many of us--someone who is comfortable being himself.



OCTOBER 23

Outbreak Company Ep. 2 I expected this anime to be mostly comedy. But recent developments show it may be taking a more sociological path.



Outbreak Company Ep. 3 The plot may be a bit straightforward, but it's got enough charm and challenges to give it a good amount of depth.



OCTOBER 24

Freezing Vibration Ep. 2 I like the direction this second season is taking. In the face of a powerful threat, camaraderie trumps rivalry.



OCTOBER 26

Freezing Vibration Ep. 3 The first season had a plot that was more focused on character development, making season two feel stagnant.



Nagi no Asu Kara Ep. 4 Throughout mankind's history, cultures have disappeared through assimilation. Is the same fate inevitable for Shioshishio?



Kyoukai no Kanata Ep. 4 Too often we make the mistake of assuming we must cope with our problems alone because nobody else could understand.



White Album 2 Ep. 3 The characters' backstories are very well devleoped, but I'm not seeing their current actions lining up with their pasts.



Little Busters: Refrain Ep. 3 I'm torn. On one hand I want Riki to choose a girl. But I'd also like to see Key tell a story without a couple.



*Keep up to date with my daily mini-reviews by following me on .
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment