I have beennominated for the Liebster 200 Blog Award!
Brianbreczinski fromnominated me. I am of course very happy.
The Liebster 200 is an award given to blogs with less than two hundred followers with the purpose of promoting up and coming blogs. To accept it, implies nominating other ten read-worthy blogs and answering ten questions.
MY LIST OF NOMINEES IS BELOW.
I am especially happy to receive the Liebster, because whenever I read interviews in magazines, I think about the answers I would have given. Not a tad narcissistic, I know ; ) !
The truth is, I always wanted to be asked a series of questions to reveal a bit more about myself to my readers. To give you the most genuine answers, I have not looked at any of the questions beforehand and also not read answers given by other bloggers. So here we go:
* WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE VEGETABLE? I like artichokes. There is a delicious recipe on my blog with a step by step text and picture guide on how to cook .
* WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING? I wanted to do something creative in my free time and learn some new skills, without breaking the bank and also spend some time outside in the fresh air. I live in a house with a shared garden, that no one was looking after. My mum has a talent for gardening, and by trying to improve my garden I slowly discovered that I have inherited some of her talent of handling plants, arranging items in a way that makes a house feel more like a home and making the most of items and furniture pieces that are already there. I also wanted to share my experience with others and keep track of my projects. As part of my work amongst other things, I monitor social media activity, including blogs. Hence starting a blog myself gave me a chance to understand the media I work with on a daily basis better and to try things out.
* WHICH OF YOUR POSTS SURPRISED YOU BY BEING MORE POPULAR THAN YOU EXPECTED?The most popular post on my blog is the one on . I did not spend much time on it and am much prouder about other posts that did not receive as many likes or views. Ultimately its the readers that decide which post they most like and need. I guess the fact that it is a 'How to' guide that requires next to no money, attracts all this attention.
* TELL ME WHY YOU WERE SURPRISED IN #3. I spend much more time and energy preparing, photographing and writing the posts about my garden staircase project this year, so it was a surprise that the avocado plant is still top of the list in terms of viewers.
* HOW HAS YOUR BLOG BECOME DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU INITIALLY INTENDED? When I started, I thought I would write about linguistics and politics, as well as gardening, travelling and cooking. It soon became clear that a gardening thread was running through all my first posts, whether I was sharing a recipe or pictures from my travels, so I decided to give gardening more space. I also decided to proof that , you don't need to be of a certain socio-demographic or age group, gardening is not for losers and you don't need to be 'cool' or 'uncool' to garden. Also gardening does not need to be expensive.
* SHARE A FAVOURITE RECIPE. SIMPLE IS OK! There are some recipes on my blog already, but I will share a new one with a step by step cooking guide soon.
* WHAT'S AN AWESOME BUT RELATIVELY UNKNOWN REASON PEOPLE SHOULD VISIT OR LIVE IN YOUR PRESENT OR PREVIOUS HOMETOWN? I live in London, my parents live in Munich, but my hometown where I grew up as a child is a small town in North-Eastern Italy between the Alps and Dolomites called Bruneck / Brunico. The population is mixed between Italians and a German and a Reto-roman minority group. All street signs are bi-lingual and all staff in schools, public and private companies by law need to be able to speak and write in at least two of the three official languages. It is little known that the Reto-roman minority group, also called Ladiner / Ladini, speak a Latin dialect. The group can understand Romansh, the fourth national language spoken in Switzerland.
* WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO VISIT, BUT NEVER HAVE? Since I saw James Bond's Skyfall, I would like to visit Shanghai. The city's aerial night shots where incredible.
* THE BEATLES OR THE ROLLING STONES? Neither.
* WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK? Its a German bestseller by Ingrid Noll called Die H upter meiner LiebenAND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, HERE ARE MY NOMINEES:RULES TO ACCEPT YOUR AWARD
1. Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 10 questions below.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.(Hint:if you follow them, then open the WordPress reader and click on their blog, it will tell you how many followers they have).
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
RED DARTER'S TEN QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1)What's your favourite word?
2)What do you like the most about blogging?
3)In one sentence what is your blog about?
4)What motivates you?
5)What puts you off?
6)What is your biggest achievement as a blogger?
7)What topic, other than the one you are specialising in on your blog, would you like to be an expert in?
8) What's a relatively unknown reason people should visit or live in your present or previous home town?
9) Winter or summer?
10) What's the best exhibition you have ever seen?