Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Genesis one shot by Edmondson and Sampson announced

Image has just announced GENESIS, a one snot by NATHAN EDMONDSON AND NEWCOMER ARTIST ALISON SAMPSON, who has a Tumblr following for he unusual art style. Keep an eye on this one.



Nathan Edmondson (WHO IS JAKE ELLS, The Punisher, Black Widow) and debut artist Alison Sampson's, GENESIS, pairs sweeping visuals with poignant writing to bring readers a one-shot that cannot be missed.




GENESIS is a trippy journey of creation and destruction as one man finds himself with the ability to manifest anything by thinking it--only to learn that with seemingly unlimited power comes unstoppable terror.



"Genesis was a fun opportunity to let storytelling and art run wild with the idea of creativity itself--of the boundlessness of imagination and the inevitable vertigo that comes from the unlimited ability to manifest anything into being," said Nathan Edmondson.



Sampson has a background in architecture which informs her style. "The comic page is built up like I'd design a bit of architecture, with leading and secondary spaces and places and so on. I found it hard to be linear, to cater to a reader--comics and architecture are not always the same," explained Sampson. "It amazes me what level of design skills comic artists bring to their pages, even as someone who designs every day. I miss the excitement of being on site, but you can do all sorts of things on paper you can't do in real life, and there is a lot of that still to explore."



"I'm really grateful for Nathan asking me to do this. The script let me draw on my architectural background (twenty five years of it) to bring something special of my own to the project and I hope that comes across--Nathan is a designer's writer," said Sampson. "I'm relatively new to comics and there was a steep learning curve, but Nathan works with some amazing artists, so there was a standard to meet and this made me work harder."



GENESIS (ONE-SHOT) arrives in stores on 4/16, and will be available for $6.99. It can be pre-ordered using Diamond Code: FEB140504.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment