Thursday, January 23, 2014

She's Baaaaack!

For the very few of you who follow "Crafty Thoughts and Blonde Moments," I'm back. I feel as though I should be in a confessional. "Forgive me, Blogspot, for I have been absent. It's been over two years since my last post "



I had slacked up on blogging my thoughts, rants, comments and observations in 2011. But then in June of 2012, my world completely changed. I lost my husband to an unexpected heart attack. It was a shock to be sure and the past 2 years have been a time of tears, transition, trepidation, toughness and turnaround for me (hey, I'm out of practice so I had to do some alliteration drills). It was difficult to post a blog topic because so much of my humor came from, was directed at or was shared with him. Thankfully, all the things "they" say are true: time heals, you are never given more than you can handle, you are tougher then you think, and so on. I will miss him very much, but with his sense of humor, he'll want me to move on and blog on.




So I'm moving on. I packed up the animals, sold the house in the suburbs and moved back into the city. (Cue up the theme music from "The Jeffersons.") I'm closer to friends. Closer to work. Meeting the neighbors and getting active with a Rodeo committee again. Between home selling and buying, packing and moving, a new dog and a quirky new urban neighborhood (new to me, most of the houses are from the 50's), there are lots of fun blog targets to keep me inspired. And eeeek newly single again. The whole dating again topic should hold enough blog fodder to take me into the next year. Hell, the next decade.



Like I said, I'm back. I've spruced up my page and given it a facelift. More musings and mulling (and hopefully fewer alliteration drills) to come, my blog fans - all 2 of you.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment