Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Confession and a Quilt Show.

I know I've told you before that I'm "technology challenged". Do you remember me recently complaining that all my photos taken in this new house with caramel colored walls making the photos turn out dark and have a golden look? Guess what...it's NOT my new house or the fault of the paint colors I chose. It is ME and my POOR photography skills. I noticed a tiny icon on my camera that looked like a camera. I turned the knob to that and took a picture. ****OMG, it was not dark or golden! That setting makes it auto adjust the exposure. Problem solved and didn't I feel like a MORON! I don't know why that knob had ever gotten changed. By accident I'm sure, since I'm not one to experiment with different settings on anything electronic or technical. Boy, am I a happy camper again. I can take pictures I'm not embarrassed to share! So here goes.



This is a quilt I made in 2001 (?) after buying the pattern at the Chicago Quilt Expo. Sorry, I couldn't find the pattern to give credit to the designer here. I hung this on the wall in the guest bedroom and took my first "miracle" picture to test the camera in the proper setting. See! NO GOLDEN GLOW!!!




In my last post, I showed the scrumptious poison green wool pincushion that Ann Sweet sent me. I mentioned that she makes "Country Mouse" pincushions to sell. I ordered one from her and even though she was cleaning up from a flood due to broken pipes, she made and sent one to me within a week. She is amazing. My "Miss Mouse" as I have named her is SOOO customized to suit me, it's unbelievable. Iadore her. She proudly declares a sign for my pattern business....



A closeup shows other details that remind me of the header on my blog...



On her left she has a mini of quilt of my pattern, EULALIE'S DOLL QUILT, scissors, thread, bolts of fabric, and a cup of tea on her shoulder. (I'm a huge tea drinker!)



On her right side she has an assortment of Civil War books which I avidly read.



And look under her chin! That's a tiny cut out of a picture of me at one of my presentations!

I took Miss Mouse to Breakfast Club at Inspirations Quilt Shop last Saturday and she was a hit. She was passed from table to table and thoroughly examined. Why, some ladies even looked under her skirt! I told Ann, if I'd known that would happen, I'd have given her panties. After all that attention Miss Mouse expects special treatment. I'm hoping she soon settles into the everyday quiet life here though. :)



This past month, Inspirations has featured the quilts of Ashley Myers, the young quilting friend I've mentioned before. She is very talented and prolific. These are only a few of her quilts. She admitted that she's made approximately 40 quilts. She said the darker colored ones all are predominately sewn from the scraps I've given her!



That's 6 quilts I could have made from my scraps!!! I'm so happy to give them to someone who creates such beautiful quilts. I should mention that all her quilts are for sale. Here are the ones she made without my scraps.



Isn't her work impressive? She's not quite 26 yrs.old and to have created such beauty already. Just think what she can do in a lifetime!



It's below zero out and I'm in for the night. I have an evening of sewing ahead of me. Yippee! I'm still sewing those paper-pieced Court House Step blocks and I still haven't foundthe big stack of the ones I sewed before moving. Grrrrr. Someday, when I least expect it, I'll open a box or tote looking for something totally different, and there they'll be... I hope it's someday soon!



Keep stitching!

Becky
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment