Friday, January 31, 2014

10 Excuses Not to Do Yoga, Debunked

10 EXCUSES NOT TO DO YOGA, DEBUNKED



[1]




Why is it so hard to work out sometimes? Why, on other days, is working out the part of your day you look forward to the most? A great deal of this has to do with our inner dialogue and the obstacles we allow to stand in our way. If you, like me, really like to make things other than you the problem, this list is for you. Here are ten excuses you might be letting stand in the way some off time for your brain, AKA yoga, along with ten ways to counteract those excuses.



UMMM, I DON'T BELIEVE IN, LIKE, BUDDHA?



Find a studio in your hood that plays Beyoncand Bruno Mars while you do warrior poses. I guarantee they exist.



I'M NOT IN THE RIGHT OUTFIT, I'D HAVE TO CHANGE.



Take advantage of leggings' hold on the public domain and wear some under your work wear next time. If you are a barista, you have NO EXCUSE for not constantly wearing leggings.



I'M OUT OF SHAPE.



Browse class listing for a restorative class, or a class for elderly people. I'm in my twenties and I'm in those "mature" classes all the time, and I can't get enough.



I'M NOT FLEXIBLE.



You know how, like, everything is a spectrum these days? Flexibility and strength are just two words on the opposite end of, yes, a spectrum. Lots of people are too flexible and this can lead to injury and discomfort, as well. Both flexibility and stability are things people struggle with in yoga. Sorry, you can't use this excuse.



I'M TOO TIRED.



Well, take this opportunity to go to a class and practice working out in a way that is kind and easy on your body. Don't exercise to burn calories, exercise to gain peace of mind and concentration.



YOGA IS TOO EXPENSIVE.



Do a work exchange. Most studios have them. Or if they don't, ask and ye may receive.



I DON'T WANT TO! I JUST DON'T WANT TO.



You don't have to. Not everyone has to do yoga! There are to work out.



I KEEP SAYING I'LL GOAND I JUST DON'T GO.



Email two friends right now. Say, "Want to meet on Wednesday for yoga?" Personal accountability is a powerful tool. You might stand yourself up, but you won't stand up Beth.



I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR!



There's really no magic gear. Turn upside down, like you are tying your shoes. Is your shirt snug enough that it doesn't flop over your head and blind you? Now squat. Check out the crotch of your pants, the way mom used to. You're good to go.



EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN ME.



Let your yoga class be a practice in turning off that .



So there you have it. These are all excuses that have floated through my brainwaves at some point in this new year. If you come up with more excuses, let me know. I'm curious, and I'm @bridgidry on Twitter!



Featured image via the author



The post appeared first on .



[1] http://hellogiggles.com/?attachmentid=194759
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment