Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Witches Witches Everywhere

For the past three years I have been lost in a world of magic, spells, and incantations - all the while hoping that this interest of mine had not become so passthat no one would care when my trilogy was complete. After all, weren't witches and fantasy popular back in the 90's?



I laugh because I was absolutely oblivious of the supernatural wave of that time so much so that I have still never seen an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and only caught0 one or two episodes of Charmed - ever. I worked too much, slept too little, and missed out on the magic going on around me. Heck, I even missed out on Harry Potter and Twilight until they became movie deals - then I devoured the series in a matter of weeks. For those of you who are always in the know, I love that you have kept this genre alive and well. I noticed recently that on television it truly is the season of the witch. TV shows like(voodoo workers and teenage witches), then(similar to Lyla's family of casters), and then fantasy tales like Vampire Diaries, and The Originals (witches) and finally with its discording covens set in present-day brings magic into our living rooms and more importantly our minds every week.




Magic allows us take control of a situation that we otherwise could not. A small teenaged girl can overcome a grown man; a child can defeat a wild animal with the wave of a hand. She can correct a wrong, punish an enemy, save a loved one it's empowering to believe that an internal power can manipulate the world around us.



I'm not saying you need to believe in magic to enjoy these shows. I'm just suggesting that you kick back and let your mind escape for an hour while you try one out.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment