Monday, November 18, 2013

Step Up 5, fuck yeah!

CURRENT MOOD: [Sleepy]

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO: Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey




Before I get to the point of this post, I would just like to clarify that despite my moodtheme's label, I do think'stoned' is a more appropriate label for this particular update. Otherwise, I have no valid reason as to why I'm listening to .



Don't get me wrong. I think she's beautiful, and yeah, talented, in that I-sound-like-a-dying-cat kind of way, but hey! I guess that's what qualifies good singing now. Well, it's not like I'm in any position to diss. I listen to , for blue balls' sake.



But anyways, STEP UP FIVE! *whimpers*

Now, I've heard of this news way back and for those who knew me, you probably know that I have some unexplained, deep fascination with dance movies. I am a huge fan of the and franchise. It's not even restricted to Hollywood films since I've watched a handful of Japanese and Korean dance doramas and movies as well. I'm just nuts about these films and I don't even understand why? I'm normally into really confusing, deep, mind-fucking thrillers like Inception and Shutter Island, and I am aware that dance movie plots are ridiculous at best.



Step Up Revolution was, for me, the best installment of this franchise. Love the choreo, the music, and the diversity of their crew and just the overall creativity of the routines. The storyline was bland, despite my HUGE girl boner for Ryan Guzman but I really like it. It is my I'm-about-to-pass-out and I'm-too-scared-to-be-alone-in-the-house-so-I'mma-play-something movie, and that's big, okay!



So imagine my delight when I read that the Step Up Rev cast will come back for its next installment, along with other notable dancers from the previous movies. (see list ) It's fucking insane that I just know that I'd be willing to bust a few bucks just to see it on the theatres.



It's actually one of my bigger regrets, not seeing Step Up Rev on the cinema.



I mean



Not being able to absorb the PLOT



and the artistry of the whole production



it's like I'm committing a mortal sin to the film gods. hnggg.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment