Wednesday, November 27, 2013

.Lawson 'off her head on drugs'

Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson and her daughter were "so off(their) heads on drugs" that she let her assistants go on a $500,000 shopping binge, her ex-husband told a London court. Advertising executive Charles Saatchi was testifying at the preliminary phase of the fraud trial of sisters Francesca and Elisabetta Grillo. But the bombshell of the day was Saatchi's email to his ex-wife - the pair split after he allegedly attacked her at a London caf- read by Judge Robin Johnson. "Of course now the Grillos will get offon the basis that you (and) Mimi (Lawson's daughter) were so offyour heads on drugs that you allowed the sisters to spend whatever they liked and yes I believe every word they have said," the email says. Detectives asked Saatchi what exactly he meant in the message to Lawson. Saatchi told police: "At the time of sending the email I was completely astounded by the scale of drug use set out in the statements (from the defendants). Nevertheless, I did believe the allegations that I'm referring to in the email. I have been asked whether it referred to a belief that Nigella or the children permitted the sisters to spend whatever they liked. I can't remember precisely what I had in mind. On reflection, I was simply speculating that the sisters would use this information to defend themselves."



(c) Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun




STORY TOOLS



Font:



Image:



SPOTLIGHTS
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment