Thursday, November 14, 2013

Grindin my gears

You know what REALLY grinds my gears?



When people talk about their bodies like they are not good enough.




It offends me, a lot, when I hear people talk about how they are too fat, short, skinny, freckly, whatever.It makes me so mad!I cannot believe that they can feel okay saying, out loud, such mean awful things about themselves.



For some reason, we have taught ourselves that it is improper to say nice things about ourselves.Why can't we give ourselves a pat on the back sometimes?What about all the time?



Can you imagine the effect on your children if they heard you only say positive things about themselves?Man, they would grow up knowing its OK to like themselves.



Now, some people would say it's vain or full-of-themselves to say nice things about themselves.But, I'm here to tell you, that if you truly believe what you are saying, it will not sound vain or pompous.(Usually stuck up sounding people are saying things nice about themselves they don't truly believe themselves and I think that's what makes their words rub you the wrong way).



I think this is why I don't want to work in the fitness industry unless its a very specific market. I need to be in the focus area of, "You are wonderful the way you are.Let's just keep you healthy!"no matter what size or shape the person is.



It grinds my gears when I hear people talk about counting their calories or not allowing themselves to eat certain things out of vanity.It does not make me think highly of them, want to be like them, or admire their self control.It makes me feel bad that they are wrapped up in such a waste of time and energy.



I just don't like it.Be nice to your body.Be nice to who you are.You wouldn't say a bunch of mean stuff to the face of your family members or friends, so why say a bunch of mean stuff to your own face?Can't we just be happy that we are unique and wonderful the way we are?Can't we just help others feel the same way?



Listen, I want to challenge all of you this week to take some time and write down a list of compliments for yourself.Maybe like a few posts down.I think it is very healthy.It helps you feel gratitude, happy, and helps you to recognize the good in yourself.Don't be so hard on you.



Love yourself.And, It's okay to let others know you love yourself.Maybe it will help them have the courage to love themselves, too.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment