Sunday, September 1, 2013

Easy Peasy 5 Minute Kiwi Coconut Crumble

By the time this gets published, I'll probably be flying in the air, en route to Kuala Lumpur. What, again?! Yes, again. And this time, I won't be returning to Auckland too soon.

For the next couple of months, I'll be spending my semester in Munich as an exchange student. I am very thankful to be fortunate enough to have this kind of experience. Nervous, excited, anxious would be good words to describe how I feel like too. I speak no German, know no one in Germany apart from another student from my university, and as of now have no idea what the work load might be like. I would say I'm pretty much diving into the unknown, but I think that's part of living a well lived life. Don't you agree?

Of course, this also means that I'll be there without any of my kitchen tools: no blender, food processor, or dehydrator. I won't have a lot of my usual seasonal favourites either, such as kiwifruit and coconut products (which, by the way, are always bought locally when I or any other family member travel to the Philippines). That's where this easy peasy kiwi coconut crumble comes in. I made it in literally 5 minutes with very minimal ingredients and minimal equipment, and the result was light, fruity, satisfying. Yum.




5 MINUTE KIWI COCONUT CRUMBLE

2 green kiwifruit, peeled and chopped2 gold kiwifruit, peeled and chopped1/2t cinnamon

2T coconut flour2T coconut nectar1T dried dessicated coconutHandful of macadamias or sunflower seeds (optional)

Toss the chopped kiwifruit and cinnamon in a small bowl. Halve the mixture, and spoon into two serving bowls. Set aside.

Combine the flour and nectar in a small bowl. Add in the dessicated coconut, and a little more nectar if you wish to make the crumble sweeter. Toss a little bit of macadamias and/or sunflower seeds into the mixture for a bit of crunch. Spoon on top of the kiwifruit mixture, and set aside until ready to serve.

P.S. If you are from Munich or know anyone from Munich, feel free to email me at ysa.empiso@gmail.com. I'd love to meet new friends. Or you know, even if you're from anywhere else in the world, I'd still like to be friends with you! :)
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment