Saturday, September 28, 2013

Time To Grind

My last post was about our home that we are building. This post will not be about selling or buying homes either but it will be about some work my wife and I have done to our bodies this year. A year ago I lost a bunch of weight, about 60 pounds. I was really happy with the 'new me' and I took football season off from dieting and exercising as a reward. I gained about 10 pounds back but this year we really got after our fitness. It wasn't so much about losing weight but that was a nice side effect. My wife and I discovered that we love to run. Running has become a big part of our lives and we have done several 5K's and 10K's this year. We are going to be running a 12K in a few weeks and have a plan to run a half marathon in December.

All of this running and conitnuing to hit the gym has meant I lost the 10 pounds I gained last football season plus another 20. I am down now a total of 80 pounds from my all time high and I could not be happier. I love the way I look and the way I feel now. I can't imagine my life without running. It is such a great way to get in shape and stay in shape and is something that you don't need a lot of fancy, expensive equipment to do. I love it. I do have a slight knee injury right now requiring me to take some time to rest (driving me nuts since this is the meat of our race schedule and when I need to be doing the most running) and so lately I have been getting my bike out and riding that as well. Hopefully my wife and I can accomplish our goals in the final races of the year and finish the half marathon in December that we are looking forward to so much. One thing I have learned is that our lives are so much more productive now that we are in shape and fit. We have also learned that we are most definitely 'runners' and proud to be runners.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment