Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Evening Showers

"WRITE AN IMAGIST POEM."



Milky tiles on my left




On my right the curtain billows in steamy tides



Drafts seep in around me



I plunge my face into the massaging spray of warm droplets



and melt



into pensive tranquility



I squirt a cool puddle into my palm



Like lemon pudding



that piles into fragrant froth on my hands



I frost my scalp



Hot rivers trickle down from my head



Streaming over my eyelids



My fingers squeak through the lattice of my dripping hair



While brewing shampoo foam in the tub



splattered with muffled plinks



gurgles into the drain



I'm soothed, refreshed



Decongested from daily stress



Capable of deep thought



I close my eyes to veiny darkness



and absorb the sweet, cascading warmth



AUDIENCE: MIDDLE-AGED HOMEOWNERS WITH OFFICE JOBS POSSIBLE PLACE OF PUBLICATION: AN ADVERTISING BROCHURE FOR AN INTERIOR DESIGN/BATHROOM RENOVATION COMPANY
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment