Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year...Bring on the Madness!

So this blog has been a bit slapdash, and I know I've not exactly been the most avid poster, but I intend to try and improve upon that!

Now I was going to write this post about resolutions, but I think I'll just have a good old ramble instead!

So over the holidays, I of course watched copious amounts of tv...as you do! After many almost-kinda-nearly moments of giving True Blood a shot, I finally did! I may have showed up late to the party, but what a hell of a party it was! Now if anyone doesn't understand/appreciate vamp fan culture then stop reading now! What can I say, the show was the ultimate combo of all things supernatural, sexy, and suspenseful...and that's even before we meet theber-hot Eric Northman (aka Alexander Sk rsgard). Just give him a chance though...pre-season 2 he has a bit of a dodgy long hairdo! Alexander Sk rsgard as EricNorthman...see what I mean?!;)


Bill Compton, Eric's brunette counterpart is equally as amazballs but Eric gets my vote everytime! Trust me, if you're into vampires, and are sick of cringing at Twilightesque mushy vampire series, it's to give the much more scintillating True Blood a go! Counting down to the 7th(and final!sob!) series already...starts in June!

Another show I got stuck in was the polar opposite 'Sherlock', the BBCs take on a much loved classic character. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are a match made in heaven, and the feature-length episodes are full of suspense and will having you pulling all-nighters to get through the series, of which there are 3, with 3 episodes each. (Available on US Netflix).The 4th series is currently airing on BBC1. Trust me, while this is a serious show, it features so many lovely moments between John and Sherlock and the acting is absolutely top class! If you liked the new Holmes movies, you'll love Sherlock because its actually Better! Yes, as much as I love love love Robert Downey Jr., there's something about Cumberbatch (Sherlock) when he pops the collar of that gorgeous coat of his...There's a reason why it's one of the most watched shows in the UK....it's just plain great! The only thing is, once you start watching it, you'll sherly be hooked ;-)

So anyway, that's my random New Years post...my resolution for 2014? Not to have any resolutions! They're a load of rubbish really aren't they? After all, you're only annoyed with yourself when you don't stick to their unrealistic expectations! The one thing I do want for this year is to be a bit more chillaxed and to enjoy all 52 weeks of it!

Guru Girl X
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment