Saturday, January 11, 2014

12-Year-Old Gives Epic Emotional Rally Speech About Seeing His Moms Marry in Utah: VIDEO

Yesterday there was a marriage equality rally at Utah's capitol in Salt Lake City attended by 1,800 people. A petition containing 58,000 pro-equality signatures was delivered to Governor Herbert's office.



But the highlight of the rally may have been Riley Hackford-Peer, a 12-year-old whose moms were able to marry in the window before the Supreme Court put a stay on a lower court ruling striking down the state's ban on same-sex marriage.




Riley delivered an emotional, epic speech with his little brother at his side.



Watch,



Said Hackford-Peer:



"Sometimes I felt really scared that my moms weren't married. I imagined being taken away by one of my moms. At school we talked about things we hoped to see during our lifetime. I always said I imagined my moms getting married in Utah. On December 20 it happened! I saw my moms get married - in Utah! It felt like fireworks bursting in my heart .But Governor Herbert wants to treat my moms unfairly. He says he wants to protect families. But I want to tell him that my family deserves protection too! I have two moms. And I love them. And they deserve to have their marriage recognized everywhere"



via Towleroad News #gay
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment