Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Robocop Viral Site Gets An Update To Usher In A New Age

If PAUL VERHOEVEN had made Robocop today I have no doubt that he would have had a lot of fun satirising modern culture. He certainly took some pretty hefty swings at corporate culture in 1987.



I suspect that director JOSPADILHA will retain a lot of that satirical edge that helped make the original Robocop such a rich film but with some significant updates and new targets.




A viral site for Padilha's Robocop has been around for a while at but it has just received a number of updates, as flagged up by , and it gives us a look at some of those possible targets.



Defence contractors seem to be the most obvious ones in the crosshairs at this point.



The RC-2000? I wonder when we might be seeing more of that. Comic-Con perhaps



Head to the site for more videos and images of the products that are currently 'available'.



The site also has a lot of corporate statements from OmniCorp, such as the following from OmniCorp CEO Raymond Sellars (MICHAEL KEATON),



I grew up the only child of a single mother right here in Detroit. When my dad was killed in action, I dropped out of school. Technology became my friend. Our garage became my office. And with my first job, OmniCorp became my opportunity. I saw a way to use technology to right the wrongs. If I could make a single mom feel safe in her city, if I could make my country feel safe from her enemieswell, I'd like to think any dad would be proud.



Robocop is set to be released in the UK and America on the 7th of February 2014.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment