Sunday, July 28, 2013

ASTRO BOY AND GIGAN: Two Japanese Icons Meet!

Yours truly with Mari Shimizu, the original voice of Astro Boy!



July 20 saw an event take place in Ginza, Tokyo, of mammoth proportions. The one and only Mari Shimizu (a voice actress who is iconic in Japan for breathing life into the anime character Astro Boy) attended a singing event and talk show. The promoter of the event personally invited me to attend, and I was only too happy to oblige!




As a Godzilla fan, what excited me most was the prospect of meeting actress Tomoko Umeda, who played Machiko Shima in Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972). Ms. Umeda was very warm and friendly, and I got to know her husband and daughter at the event. I believe an interview with Ms. Umeda can't be too far behind!



An autographed photo from a Godzilla series actress was just one of the many highlights.



A fun time was had by all!



All in all, it was a great event, and I got to do more than my share of networking. Actually, my entire trip to Tokyo was filled with things to do, and I can't wait to return!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment