Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pacific Rim

RATING 9 OUT OF 10

Great Action movie, I love the special effects in this movie. It is just amazing where animation has gone now. Why not 10 out of 10? Not sure to be honest. I can't pin point exactly what it is about this movie that doesn't leave me completely satisfied. I don't know if it is the simplicity of the story line or the fact that I've seen too many Anime films with mecha. In fact I actually thought that this movie was based on an anime series of some sort, maybe even a game. As far as I understand it's not! There is a game out now but that game is actually based on this movie. The director, Guillermo Del Toro said somewhere that he was trying to do something original. If he was - I say he failed. I will however say that he did a great job of bringing anime concepts to life. Anyone who loves anime willagree with me we look forward to many more movies of this type.




STORY

I will not be saying anything about the story. There is more than enough in the trailer and I personally didn't find anything that interesting to talk about. If you want a great story don't go see this movie, but if you love action movies the special effects in this movie will blow your mind. Here is a look at the trailer for Pacific Rim...

Cast includes :-



Charlie Hunnam as Raleigh Becket



Rinko Kikuchi as Mako Mori



Idris Elba as Stacker Pentecost



Burn Gorman - Gottlieb



Charlie Day - Dr. Newton Geiszler
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment