Thursday, October 24, 2013

Project Pie at Shaw Boulevard

I love pizza. I can still recall my joy as a kid whenever we would go to Shakey's in Bacolod decades ago. Manager's Choice in thin crust is my ultimate fastfood choice. When I read about this pizza joint in Mandaluyong, I had to go as soon as I had the time.



Project Pie recently opened at 515 Shaw Boulevard. An American franchise, this is their first venture outside the U.S.




I like the industrial feel of the interiors.



Make-your-own pizza is the idea behind Project Pie. One can either have the Classic Cheese Pie or upgrade to the other options and add toppings for a flat fee. There's no pizza over 300 pesos and that's a good bargain.



The exposed kitchen where one can view the process.



The kitchen design is sleek and compact. So organized.



Service is affable with the staff chatting with the customers. A bit contrived, though.



The delectable pizza toppings.



The finished products for pick-up by the customers.



An assortment of imported beers. Wine is also available.



Good luck to Project Pie if customers would seriously dump their trash on their own.



Joining me to try out Project Pie were Ollie from France and Juuso from Finland. I was glad they were also in the mood for something not Pinoy for lunch.



I got No. 2 - " pepperoni, Italian sausage, crumbled meatballs, mozzarella, Our Signature red sauce, garlic ". I had them add feta, gorgonzola and ricotta.



This was really delicious! I love every bite! The crust was thin and the toppings were so tasty.



Juuso also got No. 2 and added pineapple and jalape os.



Ollie is vegetarian so he had No. 4 - " sliced tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic ". He added black olives and green bell peppers ".



I had to try another pizza so I got No. 3 - " tomato, artichoke, red onion, pesto, feta, mozzarella ". This had white sauce and I added mushrooms, gorgonzola and ricotta.



We devoured this happily in minutes.



Pizza desserts are also being offered. We had Banana Nutella.



This cost less than 200 pesos and was really good.



I love Project Pie. Not only are the prices reasonable, the pizzas are sublime.



Fortunately for me, the server did say that there are plans to open somewhere in Salcedo. I'm not sure if she meant Salcedo Village or Salcedo Street in Legaspi Village. I'll be a suki for sure.



Cost Of Dishes : 715.00 for the ones I ordered
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment