Friday, July 19, 2013

The Third Term

Day 201 of 365.

Term 3 of school has just started. Yeay (not). It was alright though. Not as bad as I thought it would be. But still, I'd rather stay home. Well, everyone would, but, life has to go on.

Remember when I told you I wanted to do "meaningful stuff" during my school holidays? Well, as you may have guess, I didn't. Lol, this is typical me. But, I did do one thing. So that still counts right? I hand-sewn a pencil case. I wanted to use the sewing machine, but the needle broke. So I decided to hand sew it, which I could've finished it in a couple of hours, but since I wanted it to be (kinda) perfect, I re-sew everything again. It took me a few extra hours.


We also went to Lake Mountain. The journey was beautiful. Along the way was a really nice scenery of the country side with green grass, farm animals, high trees, mountains & my favourite, blue sky. And when we got to the top of the mountain, guess what, there was snow! It was really really cold, I was literally wearing like 4 layers of top and 2 layers of pants. But it was nice. The last time we went to play snow was about 2 years ago at Mount Buller, which is around 3 hours from Melbourne. I personally prefer Mount Buller, cause there was more space to go for a walk, but Lake Mountain was alright. We played the this thing called toboggan. Toboggan's a kind of sled, which you sit in it and ride down a slope of snow. It was fun, but I got a bit wet cause I was sitting on the snow. Lol. We spent the day on the mountain, and went down before sundown. On the way down, there was a beautiful scenery of the sunset.

The next day we went to uncle Shun's house for Ariya's birthday party, and we went to the city on the following day. A walk in the city, spending the day around Harbour Town which we haven't been to, taking pictures and window-shop. And that was basically all. The rest of my holidays were spent unproductively. But, let's not talk about it.

Ramadhan has started, and today's the 10th day. Alhamdulillah, I managed to fast all 9 days, and hopefully the remaining 21 days. This year, we won't be back in Malaysia (again) for Eid which is kind of sad, but oh well... Celebrating Eid here, in my experience isn't the same compared to celebrating back in Malaysia. We would still bake kuih raya, cook rendang, go for eid prayers and that kind of stuff, but the feeling is different I guess. First of all, there's no raya holidays, which I personally would love to have. But, most importantly, there's no family to celebrate it with. Well, I still have my mum & siblings. But it would be a lot nicer with cousins & grandparents. There's this warmth feeling I cannot describe, but you just feel that it's right, that your life's perfect in it's own weird way.

So I guess this is all for now. I am actually freezing as it has just rained outside. Can't wait for Autumn, cause it would be a lot warmer than this. But it weird how people in cold climate would complain about how cold it is, but when they get to a really warm place, they would still complain about how hot is is. I guess this is just how some humans are, including me sometimes. Lol. See ya!

Loves, xoxo.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment