Monday, July 22, 2013

Pure Garcinia Cambogia

If you'd prefer not to receive future emails, .

2155 Verdugo Blvd #208

Montrose, CA 91020




My yoga teacher said "you have a life time to become perfect" which my case translates into "I have a life time to become perfect, but time is running out". There are many valid points in this discussion, however nothing is black and white. I eat largely vegetarian and that is good for the environment as some state that 1/3 of greenhouse emissions are from cattle. However as David has pointed out, I should be looking for locally produced products, so to reduce the energy footprint amongst other benefits. Yesterday when I was out riding I came upon a Wombat that was dead at the side of the HWY. What should I of done to be a better person? 1. left it where it was 2. move it off the roadside into the bush 3. taken it home and eaten it (assuming it was still fresh)CityMonk, your diagram reminds me of a story my yoga instructor told me. When she was training to become a yoga instructor, she was at a retreat where the food was rather....healthy. When the left they went straight into town and brought burgers and chips (fry's). concoulor3, Didn't know that, you learn something new everyday. I live about 50mtrs from a Buddhist temple. On rubbish night I spotted one of the monks sneaking down the road putting bags of rubbish in other's wheelie bins LOL. Kinda funny, the poor guy looked so guilty knowing he had been sprung. My bin is usually less than 1/4 fill, it would of been fine for him to put the rubbish in mine, all he needed to do was ask. The more I learn, the more I learn how much more I have to learnMy two cents: While the vegetarian diet may be ideal in practicing ahimsa toward other beings, it may not always be the best for practicing ahimsa toward oneself. Even in Ayurveda, meat is sometimes in the diet to balance the doshas. People have different nutritional needs. As a yoga teacher, accepting and encouraging others (including other yoga teachers) to be who they are and where they are in their own journey as it unfolds for them is much more interesting to me than telling them how they should be or act. That, too, would be a variety of violence. If yoga takes hold in someone's life, the yoga will do itself, and people will naturally gravitate towards the sustenance they need not only in diet, but in relationships, and all things human. Excellent topic. Thanks for the discussion!Hi Quetzalcoatl, As I have said in another post, hindsight is a wonderful teacher and I would like to thank you for holding up the mirror. It took me a while to face the reflection, but thank you for that. To Sunnyuting, I would like to apologise for being harsh and even uncompassionate in my words towards you. If you are still lurking in the shadows as a guest I hope this message finds you. It is a pity you were banned and cannot continue this discussion here anymore, I for one would have loved to read your response to what I have said. If you did reply and I have missed it because your were banned and subsequently your posts were deleted, then I am sorry that I have missed your reply, but I do not visit this Forum so frequently anymore as I used to due to circumstances. So I misunderstood his post? Then how can he then lament the fact that others, including me, don't respond to his posts? (I think here especially of the Nonsense thread started by Nichole) If that is the example he sets, then he must lead by it as well, again see the awesome example he so eloquently typed up for me above. Or is he above his own examples and expectations of others? Don't you think what's good for the goose is good for the gander? David, seeing that you understand what he understands us to be, will you be so kind to inform us about what he understands us to be?I noticed many using the slippery slope fallacy. That if we are going to become vegetarian then we should also not drive cars, use any modern products, or wash our hands etc. Nope, it does not quite work like this. This is like saying if I steal a 1 penny sweet, then I might as well steal a 10p mini chocolate bar, a1 can of coke, a100 watch, a1000 laptop,10,000 car, a100,000 business, a1,000,000 inheritance of my rich uncle It is obvious the difference is in magnitude. I can make some efforts to be an ethical consumer and they will make some difference, but this does not force me to become absolutely ethical. There is no such thing as something being good or bad. Something can be either be beneficial or harmful. It is beneficial for animals and the ecosystems of this planet for all humans to be vegetarian, because we are disturbing the ecosystems of this planet by systematically slaughtering animals for humans and throwing the natural balance out of skelter. In Yoga, if you went to beyond certain stages in your practice, meat is going to be harmful because of its tamasic properties. If you have a hot air balloon containing many heavy things you will limit the altitude to which the hot air balloon can naturally go, in order to go higher you need to offload the weight. Well, similarly if you want to go to highest stages of Yoga practice you are going to have to have a more sattvic diet and lifestyle at some point. This is going to be very hard if you have been consuming tamasic diet and lifestyle for much of your life. If you think about it, we don't get a lot of time on this planet, so we really need to get things right from the word go. If your goal is reaching the summits of Yoga then start sattvic from the word go and don't look back.
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment