Thursday, July 25, 2013

Workout Motivation

The middle of the week has come and gone and were approaching the weekend! To me the weekends are a great time to start a new workout or to really push and get in that dreaded workout when you would much rather be sleeping. I have noticed recently that I have been pushing myself much more than usual during my runs. Maybe its because the summer is starting to come to a close, stress from work and life or maybe I am just ready to get my butt in gear and lose this last amount of weight.



Over the winter I lost about 15 lbs, which was awesome cause I feel the winter is the hardest time to lose weight.. The comfort food, holiday baking and of course cold weather aren't conducive to shedding the lbs.




I still have about 15 lbs to go before I think I am in really good shape/ high school skinny. Now while I say 15 lbs, I haven't stepped on a scale in weeks, thus I am unsure what 15 lbs would really put me on a scale. I read this awesome study that said people who weigh themselves once a week tend to gain more weight or having trouble losing weight as opposed to people who don't use a scale. I don't know about you but sometimes I like to know where I am at besides using just the new found tightness of my jeans to evaluate my weight gain/loss.



I am a true believer that everyone is different and some foods make people gain weight while those same foods can help others lose weight. I have tried almost every diet plan under the sun and I have noticed over my diet/exercise lifetime that not dieting well at least not intentionally is the best way to go. For myself I need to have a lot of water, no pasta, limited bread/meat and tons of fruit and veggies. This "diet" along with running and intervals seems to do the trick.



While losing weight is awesome, keep in mind that there will be days where you just don't feel light on your feet or motivated to work out. These days above all are the days you should get out and do something. Almost any activity can be turned into exercise, start up a new sport or walk your dog longer than the usual walk. If you don't have a dog to walk with try to get a friend to walk with you, this also allows for some time to catch up. Remember everything is a process and there are going to be days where you just need a break, feel free to take those days to energize yourself and motivate yourself for a run the next day!



Lastly being thin doesn't mean you are healthy, I know too many people that become obsessed with being thin and forget to take care of their bodies.



Here are some motivational images that inspired me and some funny ones too:



How do you like to exercise?



Do you diet or are you someone who just tries to eat as healthy as possible?



Do you consider weighing yourself to be a reminder or progress and motivation or a sign that you have been defeated by the Hot Donuts Now Krispy Kreme sign?



Have a great day!



MEK
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment